Acne is a malicious problem of the skin which has the potential to become infected and scar the skin. They manifest as black heads, white heads, patches of reddish inflamed skin and breakouts. A variety of factors have been labeled to be responsible for acne. Basically it is due to the hormonal changes in puberty which sets off anomalies in the skin. The pores become too clogged with excess sebum production and leads to acne. Here too, the bacteria play an important role in infecting these pores which attain such a dangerous form with acne. Several treatments comprising drug therapies and invasive techniques have been devised to treat acne patients. For serious inflammations, visiting a dermatologist is happens to be the wisest decision. But like always, with the acne home remedies available at hand, you can always use them at your convenience.
Here we have tried to include all the homemade acne treatment options for you to utilize:
Acne home remedies for clear skin.
Who doesn’t want an acne-free skin? Some of these home remedies can be taken into account for
tackling acne to a great extent:
- You can use nettle leaves for acne treatment. Mix two tbsp of nettle leaves in boiling water.
Use this to treat acne.
- Apply a mix of lime juice and rose water on the affected region for around 20 minutes and
then wash it off.
- For an effective remedy to avert blackheads, fresh juice of lime and groundnut oil can be
mixed together and applied on the face.
- Use a mixture made nutmeg pieces and milk (without boiling) to treat acne. You will have to
leave it on for at least 2 hours and simply wash off.
- A good night time remedy for acne is the paste of fenugreek leaves. You may leave it for 15
minutes before washing it off.
- Sandalwood is a great remedy for skin problems. Mix it with rose water and apply on face
for 20 minutes, then wash your face.
- Garlic is yet another remedy for acne. Rubbing it on the face might prove beneficial.
- You may even drink an infusion made with dandelion roots. Boil it in water and allow it to
cool down. Around half cup of this can be taken for curing acne.
Some great home remedies for pimples.
Almost everyone has suffered once a while from painful pimples. Here are some pimples natural remedies which can
be prepared at home to get rid of them:
- Turmeric and neem leaves are known to be anti-bacterial; hence they are great for the skin.
- Make a paste of these two and apply on the pimples, it really works. Remove it from skin
after letting it in for 30 to 40 minutes.
- For treating pimples, juice extracted from mint leaves also works wonders. Apply fresh juice
on the affected region in the night and wash your face in the morning.
- Another pimple remedy is a mix made by honey and cinnamon powder. Apply this paste at
night and in the morning, use slight warm water to wash your face.
- Orange peels are equally good in treating pimples. Grind the orange peels and make a paste
with little water, then apply it on the face for a pimple remedy.
- You may even try another remedy based on cucumber. It is known to have cooling effect on
skin. Grate it and apply on the pimples for relief.
- Coriander juice when mixed with little turmeric powder forms a good treatment for pimples.
Facial masks as effective home remedy for acne.
Acne home remedies are based on the ingredients that are usually found at home, which include fruits,
herbs and oils. Here we have given some great facial mask treatments for acne that can be easily
made at home.
Cucumber has soothing properties, which is why it makes a great skin pack for acne. The skin often
turns rough owing to acne; cucumber can help even it to a certain extent. Take one cucumber and
strain out the water by grating it. Now add sugar, around 1 tbsp of it and stir the mixture. Put this as
a pack on face by applying evenly. Let it remain for 10 to 15 minutes, then rinse off with cold water.
Grape Facial Cleanser
Grapes are nutritious we all know, but do you know what an excellent cleanser it makes? For a quick
face cleansing routine, rub the flesh of grapes on your facial skin along with the neck. Use cold water
for rinsing it.
Keep your skin oil-free by following this simple skin treatment. Make a thin mix with the help
of yogurt and brewer’s yeast just 1 tsp. Apply this to pimple-prone skin or oily skin to reduce oil
accumulation. After 20 minutes, first wash it with warm water and then follow it up with cold water.
Cold water closes the open pores and cleanses it before that.
We have found the efficacy of turmeric long ago. Which is why, it is so common in making acne
home remedies. Take half a cup of chickpea flour and add 2 tsp of turmeric powder to it. Now add
almond oil, sandalwood powder and ample water to make a paste. Apply this mask and leave it for
10 minutes. While washing, gently roll over your fingers in circulatory movements for better results.
Another acne remedy is oatmeal mask. Mix baking soda-1 tsp with 2 tsp of oatmeal along with warm
water to make it into a fine paste. Apply it all over the affected areas and keep it on for a while. Now
use your fingers to gently rub it all over before washing it. This makes a great facial for acne-prone
It is important that you first open up the pores of your skin by washing with warm water. Now
simply use plain honey to apply all over the face. Let it remain for 25 minutes and gently rinse with
warm water. After this, splash cold water on your face to seal off the pores.
Egg with Lemon Mask
Take one egg and beat it into a mixture. Add the juice of half lemon into it. Keep it on for a few hours
or even whole night. Use warm water to get rid of it in the morning.
Take the cucumber and make it into paste. Now add into it, a cup of oatmeal. Also add 1 tsp yogurt
into the mixture and apply on your face as a mask. Wash it off only after 30 minutes of application.
As long as you keep your skin clean externally you would manage to keep it dirt-free which reduces
chances of infections. These tips of skin care can be tried to heal the symptoms to a certain extent.
To keep your skin oil-free and clean these ideas are really helpful. Often, the cause of those ugly
pimples is internal, happening due to constipation or poor digestion. In such cases, a thorough check
up is required to eliminate the internal causes. Natural acne home treatments are cheaper and they
are free of side effects.